Korean face sheet masks are the gateway item into the world of Korean beauty and skincare. Acting as inexpensive mini facials, sheet masks give the skin intense hydration, suppleness, and brightening effects in less than half an hour! Sheet masks can range in functions, materials, and ingredients. However, the majority of sheet masks are typically made for brightening, moisturizing, acne control, pore care or anti-aging effects. Most cotton sheets are soaked in essences containing nourishing active ingredients ranging from tea tree for acne control and ceramide for moisture retention. The essence is kept from evaporating by the sheet mask which locks in all the moisture and protects it from being exposed to the air. With such close contact to the skin, the essence forces the antioxidants and vitamins to penetrate into the skin’s top layer more effectively than if the essence was applied without a protective barrier such as a sheet mask. Sheet masks originated from Japan and South Korea, known for their dedication on cosmetics and skin care. Today, sheet masks are widely popular in Asia as a whole.
Quick How-To on Sheet masking
- Remove mask from the package.
- Unfold the sheet mask and place it on your face aligning the holes to your eyes, nose, and mouth. If there is any remaining essence left in the bag, pat the extra essence all over your neck, arms, elbows, knees, etc.
- Sit back and relax for 15-25 minutes.
- Peel off the mask and discard the sheet mask.
- Gently pat the essence into your face for maximum absorption.
- Moisturize afterwards to seal in all of the nutrients. But in general, the recommended routine is to cleanse, tone, sheet mask and then moisturize afterwards.
Here are some of my tips:
- Look at your skin: Every face is different! So always pay attention to the condition of your skin and how it is feeling.
- Look at the product: It may not be the frequency of masking that’s affecting your skin, but the actual mask you are putting on. It is the easiest way to try different masks and find the best ones for you.
- Look at the environment: Depending on your location, climate, and travel schedule, you may need to decrease or increase your sheet mask frequency.
- Remember: do not leave a sheet mask on overnight!
Don’t forget to like,comment, share if you enjoy reading and follow me on my social media INSTAGRAM TWITTER